Monday, March 9, 2015

By the time I got to the studio (i.e. the living room) I found Angie had a new hairstyle ( she ripped the brown wig off one of the porcelain dolls). She looks a lot better with it and I am thinking of letting her keep it. It lengthens her body making her taller and not fat at all. Evidently her legs and bare feet got cold so she pulled this afghan over her. I think she looks now like a woman I would love to meet. I am trying to finish off both afghans that I started last week.

Annie, even so new, insisted on wearing one of the headbands so I plopped a curly wig on her so there were curls to curtail. As the morning wore on  I liked that wig on her more and more. Luckily it fits her head exactly right. She is wearing Jenny's sleepers which cover up the great body sleeve with all the joints movable and so easy to tie off. That made finishing her this morning very fast and easy. I even thought I had time to do another one. The beaded giraffe is amazed at the animals on the sleeper. He hasn't figured them out yet.

Bonnie's body bag caused me all kinds of trouble. For a while I could not tell the back from front. I felt the head flopped too far forward so I put a  wooden spoon in her body with the handle in her head. Then I could tell the front from the back and discovered I had the limbs facing the wrong direction. Also when I got to the last cable tie the cogs would not catch in the end piece. I tried both sides and it would slip out with the least bit of pressure. That convinced me to put in strings. That decision allowed me to cut out the other three cables and put the arms and legs in the right direction. Thank goodness her head would twist back around so now, 2 hours later, her body has all its parts going in the same direction. She is wearing Angie's second pair of sleepers. Those naked little feet are crying for socks. I looked on Amazon last night and could not find any that were tiny enough. More shopping!

While crocheting and resting up from my morning I heard this unnamed porcelain doll eating cupcakes as she sat in the chair only in her body suit. Then I got her moan of a message, She is big and the cupcake outfit that came on Angie.  I loved it but thought at 6 months size was a bit big for her. Since this clay doll had given Angie the long brown curls (and this cap of curls that made Angie look fat fit her bald head perfectly). So I put Angie's coming home outfit on her, including the hand crocheted booties and cap, and she looks so cute! Then I remembered that since I have had her out, each day I have given her the crocheted cupcakes to play with. I knew a week ago that this outfit was right for her. I may even try out painting dolls and using her as my proving ground.

I have one more doll to assemble but need more beads, have no more clothes, and will have to thread in strings on the body suit. Actually I have four heads all alike. One could say I have quintuplets except the big body suits I bought on eBay and my leftover wigs make them into small children.

No comments:

Post a Comment