Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Meet Suzy
Here she is with her new name and new clothes. I call her Suzy because she is so saucy and she looks as if she is licking sauce off her lip. She is tomboy which is why she likes her cap with the pom-pom which also covers her messy hair (missing with only the holes left!). I would love to get some shoes for her but she claims she feels better being barefoot for now. I could crochet her some booties but the idea of such a baby item for her appalls her so much that she sticks our her tongue when there is nothing to lick off her lip.
While I was photographing Suzy I felt eyes upon me. I turned and there was
the yet unnamed doll I had crocheted in January. She felt abandoned without a name even though it was only the day before that I put all my turtles, the bird and the mouse at her feet. I have been promising myself I would make her a sister and yet each day I pick some new project so she still sits on the unused wood stove all alone.
The new book with crochet patterns for animals arrived from Amazon yesterday and I at once found the perfect Easter bunny so I started right in on it. I was not happy with the arigumiru rabbits (you can see Sugar-bunny in this photo holding the Oreo cookie) from the Hello Kitty book.


No comments:

Post a Comment