Monday, February 23, 2015

Finally the blog and I got here! Amazing how well Google can hide things!
This little doll came in parts as a hurt reborn kit on eBay. The head has many little holes which showed how someone had tried to root hair but the effect was evidently so bad they pulled it all out. Thus, the holes remain and the price was only $4. I thought, from the photograph that the doll was bigger and so also ordered a body slip for the smallest doll but this doll was much smaller than that. So I crocheted a body.  I had to rip out the neck piece and redo that but otherwise it fit the arms and legs.

Sitting this doll is 6 inches tall.

Then yesterday I made clothes for him/her. The hat is made from leftovers from the wool I used for Dietlind's hat that Bambi had bought in Iceland. It covers the holes completely and sits perfectly on the little head. The pants fit too and I was relieved to be able to get them on this morning. The t-shirt was too big, too long, too bulky. I had used the cotton Sugar n' Cream yarn I had on hand but think I will need a softer yarn for the next try. The t-shirt will be either pink or gray - those are the only colors I have in baby yarn.  I love how the tongue sticks out on this face. I have not seen this on a doll before a fact that makes it even more precious to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment